Saturday 12 December 2015

Calling All Writers, Friends and People Who Are "Write-Curious"...


Short "blog" today, people, as I'm presently between various chunks of work that demand a great deal of pre-Christmas attention...

NEVERTHELESS.

Be excited, for next week is going to be my final article of 2015, and, with your help, it could be an absolute doozy.

Next week, I'll be posting up The End of 2015 Big Anti-Scriptwriting Q+A!

This will be your opportunity to have all of your burning questions answered by me - a little like a Reddit AMA, but hopefully, even more thought provoking.

I'll be answering EVERY question that gets sent to me over the next week in the article, no matter the subject (unless it involves bank details - nice try, Nigerian Prince).

Naturally, I'd like some writing-related questions. Maybe you want to know about the craft, my approach to storytelling, what life is like as a script reader, etc. If you're a novice writer, it could be a great chance to ask about writing stuff you've always wanted to know in a (mostly) judgement free zone.

On the flip side, if you simply want to get know me a little better, I will also gladly field any of those inquiries. Perhaps you've always wondered who my favourite Ninja Turtle is (if the new movie trailer is anything to go by, it's none of them), how long it takes me to grow a beard, or why I recently decided to memorise every element of the periodic table.

Also, I'll be posting who has asked each question, unless, in your message, you specify that you would like to remain anonymous. If I happen to get any questions from the hacker group, Anonymous, you'll be able to pretend you're a member for the day.

Ultimately, this is an experiment, which is wholly reliant on the involvement of you guys, so please, ladies and gentlemen, don't let me down!

SO...

If you want to fire over a question, you can either comment on this Blogspot post, message or post it to my Anti-Scriptwriting page (or personal page, if you know me) on Facebook, direct message or Tweet me at either @AntiScriptBlog or @Jxmxsc, or, if you're super-privileged, text me.

Thanks a lot everybody! Cautiously looking forward to all of your wonderful questions!


James Cottle, a Scriptwriting Mega-Scholar™, is now a real world Freelance Writer, in between intense bouts of Script Reading. Follow him on Twitter @Jxmxsc, "like" the Anti-Scriptwriting page on Facebook, and share this blog if you want his opinions on your work to be completely unbiased.

2 comments:

  1. "What is the absolute worst thing you've ever seen/read in a script?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony Hopkins can be proud of having created one of the first original horror characters of the postwar era. His Dr. the devil's candy
    Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter has rightfully earned a place in the pantheon of legendary monsters. Happy death day Hopkins was only the second actor to have won an Academy Award for playing a villain, the first being Fredric March for his remarkable performance in the rarely-seen "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" (1931). The American Film Institute lists Hopkins' Lecter as the #1 screen villain in movie history. Happy death day 2017

    ReplyDelete